Bellofram Silicone was formed in April of 2010. Bellofram Silicones, a division of the Marsh Bellofram Group of Companies and a member of the Bellofram Elastomers group, is an industry leader in the design, development and manufacture of extruded silicone, silicone sponge foam sheeting, and molded rubber products, including specialty rubber compounds. We have taken the very best technology, chemistry, and rubber know-how from antecedents Mold Ex, MTI Specialty Silicones, and Groendyk Manufacturing to become a one-stop shop for sealing, gasket, and insulation requirements.
- In 2010, Marsh Bellofram bought the assets of MTI Specialty Silicones of Mississauga, Canada.
- Prior to this, MTI Specialty Silicones was formed when it acquired the operations of Groendyk Manufacturing Company in 2004.
- Groendyk began its operations as part of Rubatex Industries in 1965.
Given these generations of experience, Bellofram Silicone delivers excellent performance. Our family of highly stable, hybrid elastomers offer exceptional performance in adverse environments. Our histroy has taught us to create silicone materials to function reliably under many conditions that cause organic rubber to fail or deteriorate prematurely. Our specialty rubber seals have properties that can be modified to meet specific needs. Properties making Bellofram Silicone Rubber today’s most versatile elastomer:
- Temperature Resistance
- Fire Resistance
- Vibration Dampening
- Ozone & Corona Resistance
- Resistance to Weathering
- Fungus Resistance
- Low Compression Set
- Mechanic Characteristics
- Full in-house die-making capabilities allow us to produce virtually any shape, profile, or density to meet exacting specifications.
- In-house mixing provides a cost-competitive advantage in producing a wide range of closed cell silicone sponge materials. Material types include a wide range of compression deflection values from ASTM D1056-2D1 to ASTM D1056-2D5, available in NSF/ANSI 51 FDA, and flame resistant/retardant versions. Boeing Material Specification BMS 1-23 and all grades of BMS 1-60 are among our other capabilities.
- Our solid silicone rubber extruded materials can be manufactured to meet superior physical properties such as high tear, high flex, and low temperature resistance per A-A-59588. They are available in FDA and NSF/ANSI 51 versions approved for all types of food contact as well as commercial grade ASTM D2000 that are maintenance free in less demanding environments.